How long are your sessions?
- All gymnastics, parkour, and cheer classes are ongoing and paid for monthly. Just remember you need to provide the official drop form to our office to discontinue classes.
- Aerials classes run in 6-12 week sessions
- Ninja classes run in 6 week sessions.
- Camps may follow an individual schedule.
What if I need to drop my class?
- We require a drop form to be filled out and hand delivered to a Water’s Edge staff member by 5pm on the 15th of the preceding month to drop class.
- We no longer accept email, voicemail, or US Mail for drop notices.
- If you are in a session based class (aerials or ninja) you are automatically dropped at the end of your session.
What if I only want to do one month of classes?
- Upon your initial enrollment you should choose a start AND drop date.
- This does not apply to session based classes.
Do you have a trial class?
- We have trial classes for monthly classes only! All you need to do is complete your account; choose your class to enroll in; choose “Trial” from the drop-down menu; then pick your trial class date. You will not be charged anything!
- Classes that are session based do not have trial classed; however, you are always welcome to view any of our classes.
Do you have discounts?
- Our classes are priced at the best they can be. In order to maintain our excellent student to teacher ratios and employ the most qualified staff we price our classes accordingly.
- If you pay for 6 months of classes in advance we will give you a 5% discount.
- If you pay for 12 months of classes in advance we will give you a 10% discount.
- There is a 10% discount on recreational classes only for active military members with ID.
Do you have scholarships available to those in need?
- Yes, partial scholarships are available for participation in all of our non-team programs. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application.
What does my student need to wear?
- For gymnastics classes all girls need to wear a leotard with no skirt attached. Boys should wear shirts that are not too loose and athletic shorts. Roly Polys may wear comfortable clothing like t-shirts and leggings.
- Parkour and Ninja athletes may where comfortable athletic clothing.
- Cheerleaders may wear a leotard or comfortable athletic clothing.
- Aerialists should wear comfortable, fitted athletic clothing. Longs sleeves and long leggings may be desired to protect your skin from pinching or rubbing on the equipment.
- NO BARE MIDRIFFS ARE ALLOWED!!! No one may go topless.
- Please make sure that if you are going upside down your shirt does not fly up over your head.
- Everyone goes barefoot unless otherwise instructed by you coach.
- Please make sure that long hair is pulled back and that only small stud earrings are worn if necessary.
What do we do about bad weather?
- Water’s Edge does not necessarily follow the school closings. We try to stay open regardless of the weather.
- If we find it necessary to cancel classes we will always post it on our Facebook Page, we will send out a group email as well as a group text message.
- If you feel uncomfortable driving please stay home and safe and login to your parent portal to schedule a make-up class. You will also be able to schedule a make-up if we cancel your class.
Can I make-up a class I missed?
- Yes, we allow one make-up class per month as long as there is room in another appropriate class. Unfortunately, we are not able to schedule make-ups for our Aerials classes.
- You just need to login to your parent portal; click “classes” and choose the class you would like to do a make-up in. Once you choose the class there will be a drop-down menu….choose “make-up”. You will then be able to pick your class date.
- If all of the available classes are full we may be able to assist you if you call us.
- We cannot offer make-ups for group/camp type classes.
Is there a place we can watch our child’s class, or can we just drop him/her off?
- We have a viewing mezzanine with chairs, bleachers, and toys for siblings.
- If you need to drop your student off please let the front desk know you will not be in the building.
- Please no yelling or coaching from the mezzanine. This is very distracting to your child as well as the other children and coaches.
- Parents may not enter the gym floor area at any time (unless part of a parent and tot class–Roly Polys)
Where should my child go when he/she enters the gym?
- All children should go directly to the coat room (glass room) and then upstairs to the viewing mezzanine. The instructors will call them out to class from there.
- Please do not loiter or view classes in the hallway. The fire marshal is very clear that we must keep the hallway clear.
Is my personal information private?
- Yes! We do not share or sell your information to ANYONE.
- Credit card information is protected through our processing company, authorize.net. Once your card information is entered we do not have access to the numbers.
- The company that we use for our class management is called iClassPro. They do not share or sell your information either.
Do I need to be enrolled in a class to attend open gyms?
- Nope! You only need to have an account created!