How long are your sessions?
- All gymnastics, parkour, and cheer classes are ongoing and paid for monthly. Just remember you need to provide the official drop form to our office to discontinue classes.
- Aerials classes run in 6-12 week sessions
- Ninja classes run in 6 week sessions.
- Camps may follow an individual schedule.
What if I need to drop my class?
- We require a drop form to be filled out and hand delivered to a Water’s Edge staff member by 5pm on the 15th of the preceding month to drop class.
- We no longer accept email, voicemail, or US Mail for drop notices.
- If you are in a session based class (aerials or ninja) you are automatically dropped at the end of your session.
What if I only want to do one month of classes?
- Upon your initial enrollment you should choose a start AND drop date.
- This does not apply to session based classes.
Do you have a trial class?
- We have trial classes for monthly classes only! All you need to do is complete your account; choose your class to enroll in; choose “Trial” from the drop-down menu; then pick your trial class date. You will not be charged anything!
- Classes that are session based do not have trial classed; however, you are always welcome to view any of our classes.
Do you have any discounts?
- Once a student is enrolled in one class at full price that student with get 50% off their additional classes. (Session based classes are excluded)
- We have a 10% discount on all classes when 3 or more siblings enroll in classes.
- If you pay for 6 months of classes in advance we will give you a 5% discount.
- If you pay for 12 months of classes in advance we will give you a 10% discount.
- There is a 10% discount for active military members.
Do you have scholarships available to those in need?
- Yes, partial scholarships are available for participation in all of our non-team programs. Please email email@example.com to receive an application.
What does my student need to wear?
- For gymnastics classes all girls need to wear a leotard with no skirt attached. Boys should wear shirts that are not too loose and athletic shorts. Roly Polys may wear comfortable clothing like t-shirts and leggings.
- Parkour and Ninja athletes may where comfortable athletic clothing.
- Cheerleaders may wear a leotard or comfortable athletic clothing.
- Aerialists should wear comfortable, fitted athletic clothing. Longs sleeves and long leggings may be desired to protect your skin from pinching or rubbing on the equipment.
- NO BARE MIDRIFFS ARE ALLOWED!!! No one may go topless.
- Please make sure that if you are going upside down your shirt does not fly up over your head.
- Everyone goes barefoot unless otherwise instructed by you coach.
- Please make sure that long hair is pulled back and that only small stud earrings are worn if necessary.
What do we do about bad weather?
- Water’s Edge does not necessarily follow the school closings. We try to stay open regardless of the weather.
- If we find it necessary to cancel classes we will always post it on our Facebook Page, we will send out a group email as well as a group text message.
- If you feel uncomfortable driving please stay home and safe and login to your parent portal to schedule a make-up class. You will also be able to schedule a make-up if we cancel your class.
Can I make-up a class I missed?
- Yes, we allow one make-up class per month as long as there is room in another appropriate class. Unfortunately, we are not able to schedule make-ups for our Aerials classes.
- You just need to login to your parent portal; click “classes” and choose the class you would like to do a make-up in. Once you choose the class there will be a drop-down menu….choose “make-up”. You will then be able to pick your class date.
- If all of the available classes are full we may be able to assist you if you call us.
- We cannot offer make-ups for group/camp type classes.
Is there a place we can watch our child’s class, or can we just drop him/her off?
- We have a viewing mezzanine with chairs, bleachers, and toys for siblings.
- If you need to drop your student off please let the front desk know you will not be in the building.
- Please no yelling or coaching from the mezzanine. This is very distracting to your child as well as the other children and coaches.
- Parents may not enter the gym floor area at any time (unless part of a parent and tot class–Roly Polys)
Where should my child go when he/she enters the gym?
- All children should go directly to the coat room (glass room) and then upstairs to the viewing mezzanine. The instructors will call them out to class from there.
- Please do not loiter or view classes in the hallway. The fire marshal is very clear that we must keep the hallway clear.
Is my personal information private?
- Yes! We do not share or sell your information to ANYONE.
- Credit card information is protected through our processing company, authorize.net. Once your card information is entered we do not have access to the numbers.
- The company that we use for our class management is called iClassPro. They do not share or sell your information either.
Do I need to be enrolled in a class to attend open gyms?
- Nope! You only need to have an account created!